- ADA Checklist for Existing Buildings
- The following Checklist published by the Department of Justice may be used to identify
items needing to be included in the scope of work for the project under consideration.
- Code Analysis Form
- Link to the Code Analysis Form More...
- Complete Drawing Requirements
- Construction Documents - Reviews and Approval
- The International Building Code, Section 106.3 outlines the process by which the building
official reviews and approves the submitted construction documents. The following
outlines the process to be implemented for the University. More...
- Phased Approval Submittal
- The Building Official is authorized to issue a permit for the construction of foundations
or any other part of a building or structure before the construction documents for
the whole building or structure have been submitted, provided that adequate information
and detailed statements have been filed complying with pertinent requirements of this
- Seismic Restraints for Non-Structural Components
- Nonstructural components, whether architectural, mechanical, or electrical which are
attached to the primary structure, must be restrained for seismic purposes. More...
- Working with the Building Official
- Design Professionals are encouraged to contact the building official having jurisdiction
early in the design process. Final construction documents will need to be reviewed
and approved for code compliance prior to construction. More...
- Common Code Review Comments