All projects will need to comply with the International Code Council family of codes and State of Utah amendments as approved by the Uniform Building Codes Commission.
Design professionals are encouraged to contact the building official having jurisdiction early in the design process. Final construction documents will need to be reviewed and approved for code compliance prior to construction. Construction change orders will generally need to be reviewed for code compliance prior to construction implementation.
See Working with the Building Official for more information.
- Code Analysis Form
- ADA Checklist for Existing Buildings
- Phased Approval Submittal
- Complete Drawing Requirements
- Construction Documents - Reviews and Approval
- Amended Construction Documents
- Certificate of Occupancy Requirements
- Inspection Request Policy
- Special Inspection & Materials Testing Standard
- Special Inspection Log & Report
- Pre-Qualified Inspection and Testing Companies
- Requirements for Approval as a University of Utah Structural Steel Fabricator