About This Project:
In January of 2013 a sizable upgrade to electrical infrastructure and substations began, work will continue into 2017. The Critical Infrastructure Project is a crucial update to provide modern, safe, and reliable electrical service to our campus buildings.
This project requires several scheduled power bumps (short duration) and outages that range between 4 and 12 hours. Our project team works closely with facility coordinators who, in turn, work closely with building occupants to make sure key systems are on back-up power or other wise prepared for the planned outage.
- Significantly reduce unplanned power outages to all of campus
- Replace two campus transformers
- Convert the stadium substation from 46KV to 138KV
- Convert several buildings to 12,470 volt service
- Provide updated and reliable electrical service to campus
ARCHITECTS: Spectrum Engineering
CONTRACTOR: Layton Construction
SQUARE FOOTAGE: NA
START DATE: January 2013
COMPLETION DATE: December 2017