Finding your way around the University of Utah campus can be overwhelming. To assist
you getting from one location to another a mobile Web application has been developed
to provide pedestrian routing on the sidewalk network at the University.
How to use:
- Using the browser on your mobile device, navigate to:
- Agree to allow the application to use your current location
- Choose to get to a building or food establishment on campus
- If you are trying to get to a building choose the building from the list in the application
- If you are trying to find food, when you select that option you will get a list of food establishments within a half mile of where you are.
- Select the building or establishment you are interested in and the application with provide you a route from your current location.
A few pointers will be helpful:
- The route provided will use the University sidewalk network on the campus and some near campus areas only. Don’t expect to get a route to or from destinations outside of the University campus.
- Routes provided may not be the quickest way to a destination since the route will be on sidewalks and not through parking lots unless there is a crosswalk.
- The routes provided will avoid sidewalks closed due to construction activity.
- The distance from your start location to final destination will be displayed at the top of the screen.
- You will be provided with a route on campus if you are within a quarter mile from the campus. Beyond this distance a message will appear indicating you are too far away to generate a route.
- Only food options within a half mile of your location will be displayed and the application does not provide a menu for food venues on campus.
- The application is designed to function best on iPhones, iPads, and Android devices although it may function on other mobile devices.
- Settings on your individual device may affect functionality and performance.
- If using the UGuest WiFi network you may experience poor functionality in the app. Try accessing the network through a different source.
E-mail questions and/or comments to email@example.com.