Any operation including welding, cutting, brazing, soldering, grinding, torch-applied roof systems or any other similar activities are referred to as hot-work.
Hot work operations – An operational permit is required for hot work including, but not limited to:
- Public exhibitions and demonstrations where hot work is conducted.
- Use of portable hot work equipment inside a structure.
- Fixed-site hot work equipment such as welding booths.
- Hot work conducted within a wildfire risk area.
- Application of roof coverings with the use of an open-flame device.
When approved, the Fire Code Official shall issue a permit to carry out a Hot Work Program.
*Fire Watch Log also required: