Skip to content
University of Utah COVID-19 Updates
The University of Utah
waste management and Recycling
Sustainability and energy Management
small construction projects
electronic security services
Waste Management and Recycling
Sustainability and Energy Management
Maps & Resources
Small Construction Projects
Metals and Signage
Facilities Management Review Committee (FMRC)
Roof Access Permits
Planning, Design & Construction (PDC)
Environmental Health & Safety (OEHS)
Electronic Security Services
Roof Access Training
Roof Access Quiz
Image for Question 1
uNID (if not applicable, please type N/A)
Facility & Construction Operations
Construction Project Delivery
District 1 - President
District 2 - Science
District 3 - Venue
District 4 - Engineering
District 5 - Academic
District 6 - Health Science
Campus Faculty/Staff (please specify department)
Student (please specify department)
Contractor (please specify company name)
Housing & Residential Education (HRE)
If campus faculty/staff, student, or contractor - please specify:
1. How close to the roof edge can you get with this type of parapet? **Pictured above
2. Where do you obtain fall-protection equipment?
Facilities Carpenter/Roof Shop
Campus Book Store
Your Shop Supervisor or Employer
3. You can throw debris off the roof as long as no one seems to be below.
4. After you have been issued a roof key, you can access a secured roof to...
Perform scheduled or approved research
Obtain a better cell phone signal
Enjoy a smoke
Admire the view of the valley
5. You must receive training from OEHS or your employer before obtaining roof access.
6. Research experiments or other temporary installments should be...
Set directly on the roof membrane
Balanced on the parapet wall
Screwed onto rooftop mechanical equipment
Set on protective pads and tagged with contact info
READ BEFORE SUBMITTING:
Please review to make sure all required fields have been completed. After you hit submit, please wait a moment for the confirmation page to appear.
reCAPTCHA helps prevent automated form spam.
The submit button will be disabled until you complete the CAPTCHA.
Last Updated: 6/10/22